sábado, 15 de septiembre de 2012

By Blase Cunningham...

Esto es lo que escribió mi marido ayer, 14 de septiembre de 2012, día que acabé la quimio...




"For the past ten days I've been counting down to this day. A very important day for me. And especially important for my wife. Today concludes my wife's 16th and final visit for chemotherapy treatment. I am a hack with limited vocabulary to 
describe how I feel, however I am so proud of my wife and all that she has accomplised during this journey. Here is her story: in March of this year, a day before her birthday the doctor said, "you have breast cancer" Cancer?! Us? No, cancer can't affect us, that disease affects other people but not us. Wrong! This disease does not discriminate. Cancer doesn't care if you are white, black, single, married with kids, old, young, you get my point.

One in seven women will have breast cancer. This statistic is very scary. If you read this I recommend that you perform self examinations on a regular basis. If you detect something check it out!

My wife is cured of her cancer! It has been an uphill battle and many things could not have been done without the help of many people. My in-laws are amazing people, the endless prayers of so many people. And a special thanks to our number one fan, my sister Leekei. We received so many letters over the past six months I think she kept the US postal sistem in business!

I would like to say thank you to so many people, my family from Barcelona and NS, friends, cousins, and to my work mates and jefe's. And to my wife's friends who from day one, gave endless support and encouragement to Rebeca. Family, friends, God, and equipo BS you have been perfect and I shall always be in debt for your kindness and compassion.

Also a special thanks to the staff of Vall d'hebron, THE BEST HOSPITAL NOT ONLY IN SPAIN/(catalonia for you independistes) but in the world! Moltes gràcies Dra. Saura!

I love you Rebe!"


AND I LOVE YOU TOO BABE!!!!




6 comentarios:

  1. I al final, quan tot acaba, veus que ha valgut molt la pena. Tot per a a poder viure moments com aquests, i per seguir tenint una vida plena. Us desitjo tota la felicitat del món, a tu, i als que gaudiran de veure't feliç.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Felicitats preciosa!!! Tenim sort d'aquests fantástics homes que tenim al costat!!
      Un petonet enorme!!!

      Eliminar
  2. Los que nos acompañan en el camino merecen nuestras mejores sonrisas e intentarlo por ellos, porque luchan con nosotras con todas sus fuerzas.
    Un orgullo de marido, si señor!! Me encanta que hayais vencido juntos esta guerra.

    Un besazo a los dos!!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Gracias guapa!!!!!! Ellos son el gran motivo!!!!
      Un besito!!!! Y no trabajes tanto!!! ;D

      Eliminar
  3. Sí sí sí, una etapa més cremada! que maco el teu marit, són tant importants els marits, pares, amics i fins i tot coneguts en aquests moments! les fotos m'han emocionat molt, el teu somriure sempre present! Felicitats i a continuar! Demà jo m'estreno ja ho saps i pensaré molt amb totes vosaltres! Marta

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Gràcies guapa!!!!!!!! El teu marit i la teva filla seran la teva medicina i el teu gran pilar!!!! Un petonet!!!

      Eliminar